Best Detox Cleanse for Spring
One of the most important things you can do to improve your health is to undergo a detoxification and cleansing program. We focus a lot on cleansing the outside of our bodies with little thought about what is going on inside. For most of us who have been eating nutrient depleted foods for decades, you can bet there is a need for detoxifying.
We live in a toxic world. Exotoxins come from outside sources including polluted air, water, soil, cigarette smoke, alcohol, medications, food additives, pesticides, and household chemicals. Endotoxins are generated internally. Bacteria in the gut act upon undigested food particles. Undigested food putrefies, creating ammonia and alcohol.
Detoxification is the natural process of filtering wastes and toxins from the cells, organs, and bloodstream. Cleansing is the process of eliminating toxins from the body. When these two processes function normally, optimal health is achieved.
There are a variety of methods, steps, and stages for this detoxification and cleansing process. I am including a detailed list of the best detox cleanse methods that I have successfully used over the years.
Best Detox Cleanse Methods:
- Supplement companies have developed products that contain a combination of herb fibers, and nutrients which can be found in capsule form and should be taken in the morning and evening, as an addition to your normal diet. These work to gradually and gently cleanse the body through normal processes of elimination. They recommend beginning with a whole body cleanse formula that supports the detoxification of all the elimination organs; the liver, the blood, the lymphatic system, the lungs, skin, kidneys, and colon. After completing the whole body cleanse formula, they suggest moving into other products that meet your specific needs, for issues like parasites, heavy metals, or yeast. Here are the specific brands that I used successfully;
Renew Life – First Cleanse, Cleanse Smart, Cleanse More, ParaGone, CandiGone
Nature’s Secret – Ultimate Cleanse, Super Cleanse, Parastroy
Enzymatic Therapy – Simple Cleanse, Whole Body Cleanse
- In addition to my normal diet, I start the day by drinking fresh lemon juice squeezed into 16 oz. of pure water. This helps maintain a healthy acid/alkaline balance. At bedtime, I add 1 oz. of liquid chlorophyll in 3-4 oz. of water. In addition to cleansing, this freshens the breath and eliminates body odor.
- A cleansing diet consisting of only fresh fruits and vegetables, with lots of water and herbal teas for up to a week, provides a significant detoxification. Avoiding oils, proteins, and carbs allows the body to detox. Fruits and vegetables should not be eaten at the same meal (poor food combining). I recommend fruit salad or compote in the morning, and raw vegetable salads for lunch and dinner. I learned this method from the classic book, “Back to Eden” by Jethro Kloss.
- Juice Fasting is a great opportunity to use the juicer. Fresh juices are super nutritious and delicious! The book I used to guide me through this method is “Juice Fasting” by Steve Meyerowitz. With any kind of fasting, it is best to have guidelines, such as ways to keep your bowels moving. There are herbal formulas, such as Smooth Move herbal tea that make peristalsis happen in the bowel to prevent constipation.
- Fasting with the Master Cleanse method. Squeeze fresh lemon juice in a jug of pure water, add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup maple syrup, and about 2 tsps of cayenne pepper. This formula balances your blood sugar while cleansing and purifying your blood. Drink this throughout the day, avoiding caffeine and food. Again, it is important to follow safety guidelines, since there are people with various medical conditions who should not fast.
- Sonne’s 7 is a liquid form of bentonite clay. Taken internally, it absorbs impurities in the body, which are then eliminated through the colon. This is a wonderful healing method for skin eruptions, including boils. Bentonite Clay can also be mixed 50-50 with apple cider vinegar and used as a powerful facial for deep pore cleansing.
- Schweitzer Formula contains a pure zinc-boron-salicylate crystal which is absorbed through the skin into the blood and tissue. Safe for use on mucous membranes, it is a natural disinfectant for oral care of gums, mouth ulcers, and mouthwash; and diluted with water, it can be used as a feminine hygiene douche. Taken internally, it balances pH, aids in digestive disorders, and purifies the bloodstream. It is one of the best detox cleanse methods available!
Spring is the time for house cleaning, inside and out, and just as you want to protect your investment in your home or your car by keeping up with regular maintenance, you should give your body the same care to ensure that it will last longer and stay in better condition. Spring is a time for rebirth and renewal, and it’s as if April showers are Mother Nature’s way of telling us it’s time to cleanse!